Thursday, June 9, 2011

Celebrate The Summer Boy: Day 4 - On The Rocks T

Today's project was a mix of simple and challenge for me. The idea and materials, very easy. All I did was take an old shirt of mine and mini-size it for my little guy. The challenge: I am again faced with my old nemesis, knit fabrics.




Ok, so it wasn't that bad. Basically, I have a shirt from a rock climbing event, that was never really my colour, but I've always liked. I chopped it up into a smaller size using one of Bugaboo's t-shirts as a guide. I tried to use as much of the existing structure as possible, like the hems on the sleeves and the collar, which made it a lot easier than my strong man tank. Because of the logo I couldn't use the bottom hem, but that wasn't much of a concern anyways.




All in all, not bad I'd say!



Bugaboo seems to like it too.



...cute kid, eh?


Well, with only one day left of this crazy week, I've got some sewing to finish up. Hope tomorrow's post will be sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment