Friday, October 21, 2011

fall, fall, glorious fall! oh, and an octopus

Best Season Ever!


Even out here in the ever so slightly drab west coast, it makes me so happy! So a new baby and a new house make it a lot of fun (and a lot of work, but it's fun work, so that's great!).


Due to the craziness of life in general, I'm keeping things short (never know when a 4 week old little girl is going to wake up from her nap).



House=a long way to go before any exciting progress can be reported.



Knitting=looky what I made! (I'm referring here to the knitting, not the baby, allthough, yeah, I made that too)







This is what I'm calling my Octopus Sleep Sac. It's based on the Owlie Sleep Sac pattern found on Ravelry, but when I looked at my yarn options, I saw octopus, not owl, so that's what I did.





I had been wanting to try making a pattern, and with my mom here, she was able to guide me through how to knit it up once it was made. I think I've found a whole new element of knitting to become addicted to, and am scheming of many more intarsia patterns to come (um, once I get a bit more time on my hands though). All I did was draw the octopus I wanted, and then traced over it by blocking out which squares I wanted orange and which were to be blue. Feel free to use the x&o pattern here (if you can see it well enough), but I am planning on making a nice and proper one to post on Ravelry, so you could wait for that too.



Oh, and celebrating fall, we went to the local pumpkin patch for some fun.








And fun was had!

No comments:

Post a Comment