Thursday, April 11, 2013

something sweet for mama

I'm not much of a cook.  I'm not bad at baking (recipes are my friends).  Every now and then I divulge into something really interesting (recipe in hand, of course).  A few years back we rocked some home made marshmallows, and about a year ago I tried this recipe for salted caramels.  It's from thekitchn, which is a brilliant appendage of apartment therapy and has such wonderful recipes.  Mmm, so good.  So when I was having a baking-date with a friend (like a play-date, but it makes us fat) I knew I had a few cans of thick cream in the cupboard and I decided to show off. Once again, the recipe turned out, and so this time, I tried the little suggestion at the bottom of the page...enrobe in chocolate.


Mmmmm.


Basically, to any who have any enjoyment in cooking and are willing to follow a recipe, try this.  It's simple enough (although, not kid-friendly; too much stove-top work) and oh, so, good.  For the chocolate I just melted some in a bowl over a boiling pot of water and used toothpick to get 'em good and covered.  And naturally I used a little of my fancy-schmancy salt for garnish.  Naturally.


Oh, and a little shout out to parchment paper baking cups.  Man, they make life easier (you can see the crinkly edges on my chocolates from where they went straight from the chocolate to the cups).  My only other suggestion is that when boiling the caramel down to the right firmness, err on the side of soft.

Mmm, so yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment